The European Medicines Agency (EMA) has launched a new version of its corporate website.
“This new version of our website will help us to further improve our communication with our partners and stakeholders, including the European Commission and our networks, and will support us in reaching out to European Union citizens by providing them with evidence-based and accessible information on medicines”, said Guido Rasi, EMA’s Executive Director.
The new version keeps the content and structure of the previous site unaltered and the old URLs will still work thanks to an automatic redirection.
Improved usability of the new website
The changes wanted to improve the usability of the site by about 600 thousand monthly visitors. The Agency’s developers have:
- optimized search, making it easier to find information easier and using filters;
- made the display on mobile devices cleaner (snmartphone and tablet);
- simplified the URL based on localization and title;
- updated visual design to make navigation easier and make reading more enjoyable;
- designed the site to work optimally on the most up-to-date search engines.
The project to relaunch the site was conducted in collaboration with the European Commission’s Directorate General for Information Technology (DIGIT), which will also be responsible for hosting and maintaining EMA’s behalf.